Saturday garage fire at Bay Mills Indian Community nation leaves Brimley, MI man with minor smoke inhalation

U.P. Breaking News Bulletin: – 4-7-18 – 3:32 p.m. ET

Brimley, MI Saturday garage fire billows enough to cause EMS to check out a victim with minor smoke inhalation

Garage fire 1.jpg

By Greg Peterson
U.P. Breaking News
Owner, News Director
906-273-2433

(Brimley, MI) – One person suffered smoke inhalation during a garage fire Saturday afternoon at the Bay Mills Indian Community nation.

The garage fire was reported just before noon ET today, Sat., April 7, 2018.

The Bay Mills Volunteer Fire Department was sent to 12437 W. Lakeshore Drive.
It is reportedly the residence of 53-year-old Jacques A. Leblanc and 49-year-old Gloria Leblanc.

The Superior Township Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to help.

“There’s a fire in the garage – and its burning up to the rafters at this time,” a Chippewa County 911 dispatcher radioed to responding firefighters.

Firefighters then requested an ambulance for someone on the scene who suffered smoke inhalation.

Bay Mills Emergency Connection EMS Alpha One responded to the scene to treat the victim – who suffered relatively minor issues due to the smoke.

The dispatcher told paramedics that the smoke inhalation victim was not a firefighter. It is not clear what the victim was doing when breathing in to much smoke.

The Bay Mills fire official in charge on the scene stated that the fire had been knocked down just before calling the paramedics. It took another 45 minutes to cmpletelty put out and mop-up the fire scene.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s