Paperwork causes more than usual headache at Marquette’s historic (and haunted?) Landmark Inn – minor kitchen fire

URGENT – U.P. Breaking News Bulletin – 4-4-18 – 5 a.m. ET

Papers left on a stovetop with burner left on – Papers cause small fire at the Landmark Inn this morning

Landmark graphic.jpg

By Greg Peterson
U.P. Breaking News
Owner, News Director

(Marquette, MI) – Marquette firefighters responded earlyW ednesday to the report of a fire on a stove at Marquette’s poshest and historic hotel.

Firefighters responded about 4:22 a.m. ET this morning, Wednesday, April 4, 2018 to the Landmark Inn at 230 N. Front Street in Marquette, MI. 

Firefighters reported it was a stove-type” fire with “papers left on top of stove and burner left on.”

The dispatcher told those responding that the hotel staff reported an stove fire was reported in the first floor Kitchen area.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire spending only 20 minutes on the scene.
No injuries reported, minor damage.

Many celebrities have stayed at the Landmark Inn including the Rolling Stones.
It was first existed in the minds of planners in 1910, and opened on January 8, 1930.

One online site states the legend of the weeping woman haunting the hotel and another stated that the Landmark Inn has “exquisite European inspired rooms and modern amenities.”

By the way, no ghosts were reported injured. I suppose the ghosts can never be ruled out as the suspect or suspects who turned on the burner. Or maybe the ghost was on the paperwork brigade.
Clever ghost crime though, because it will likely be blamed on a human.
No ghost speculation from MFD.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s